Sunday, July 6, 2008

The first time I met Zack: TAKE 1

I realized there is no account of our first meeting. This is due to not wanting to rewrite what I already wrote in 2 non-double spaced pages. What is an engagement and a wedding date without the story of how we first met.

Sunday 19 August 2007:

I saw space for my roommate and I behind a had-to-be very good looking wavy haired guy. As I sat in the meeting and exammined this guy from behind, I wondered what kind of guy would be wearing golf cuff links, a very nice navy pinstripped suit who had long wavy surfer dude hair. I was in my own world about all of this when my roommate leaned over and wispered, "what do you think of this guy sitting in front of you?"

I was worried I had been thinging out loud the whole time. I just smiled at her and nodded, trying to keep quiet. She told me he was really cool. She had done a service project with him and remembered having thought we would be good together. I didn't really believe her but was happy that there was some sort of connection to him.

After the meeting her bold little self initiated the introduction. I was not dissapointed when I finally saw his face. More so though, I was relieved that he was not just a gorgeous face, nice body, great dresser, but that he could also talk and socialize. He was actually perfectly chill. What a breath of fresh air it was to meet him.

After talking for a few minutes I was left to assume what kind of guy he was. All I came up with was that I didn't think he was the kind of guy to meet a decent looking girl and "know" that she wanted him. That would have been a big turn off. At that point I was really sick of girls as friends only and was more so just excited that there were some guys that seemed to be my kind of friend material. (I had also met Richard his roommate that day) That was enough to think that we could be friends if it turned out our paths crossed enough.

1 comment:

Blue Eyed Girl said...

Linda-

Hi! Your blog is so cute! How have you been? I was so excited to hear about your engagement from Jamie a few weeks ago! I couldn't be happier for you!
I would love to catch up! Please email me at miller_leila@hotmail.com
so I can get your new email address!
Miss you!
Leila