Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Baby Mamma

On Mother's Day Zack had a lot ahead of him. He was preparing a talk and a lesson to teach. Little did I know he had much more than just those things waiting to happen. After he gave a fantastic talk that made me want to marry him (I really thought seriously about that idea,) he suggested we walk home. I was up for the walk considering it was the first gorgeous day. The weather was perfect it being sunny with clear blue skies and not too hot. While we walked hand in hand I talked to him about some things on my mind. He then just told me that he loved me so much. Then he asked if I knew why he loved me. Because of some wise advise from my sister, I made it a point to listen to any sweet things he was about to say. So, I said, "Well, I think I know why you love me but you should tell me." So, he did. He told me so many nice reasons. He didn't even repeat things. All of this sweet talking was going on as we walked to the castle in Central Park. I really didn't think that we could go in the castle but Zack was sure we could so I just let him lead us there.

We could go up so we joined a few other tourists on the second level and waited for one of these corner nooks to be available to go sit in and continue our talk. Just then a couple got up and left. We snagged their spot in no time. The adoring words continued and I just ate it up. I felt like the happiest luckiest girl. I just sat there so pleased that I saw what I wanted and went for it until I got him (Zack).

It was almost time for the castle to close but still we just sat there. Neither of us are uptight when it comes to getting out on time. But a few minutes later I was suggesting we finally leave. Then Zack said just a minute, as he started to stand up and get in to his bag. I was sure he was getting his camera, you know Zack. I was watching all of the tourists and totally getting side tracked. Zack said my name and when I looked at him he was down on one knee. I would not have thought twice about that it was just that there was this SMILE on his face. I knew something was happening. I would say that I freaked out. I had a hard time breathing. It was awesome. Oh, man, Zack had the biggest smile on his face. I looked down and saw the opening of a red box like in the movies and a super sparkly ring just shining at me. More not breathing.
I waited for an hour while Zack laughed at my reaction. He finally said the words: "Will you..................................... be my baby mamma?" I laughed and thought 'yes.' I figured that was all I would get. Then he said, "I mean, LINDER, WILL YOU MARRY ME?"

We were hugging and kissing and happy and laughing and hugging and then Zack said but I have something else for you. He pulled out a small box from Tiffany's & Co. It was a perfect little necklace. Then I looked over. Richard was there and had been taking pictures the whole time. I was so surprised and happy that this occasion had been photo-journaled.

I was and am still so pleased with Zack. That will forever be my best Mother's Day.

I just have one question. Who do you know that has pictures of before, during and after their proposal? Who else? Huh?

2 comments:

Cammie Woolley said...

Linda- How exciting! I heard through the "grapevine" that you were getting hitched! That's great! (And he really is a hunk! :) I miss you TONS! It's gotta be more than 5 years since I've even seen you!(The last I remember was pulling off the road in my car near your house in Springville, and then runnng towards you like we were in a movie or something! That was awesome. :) I'm glad that you made this blog so I can at least still feel like I'm a small part of your life! I'm so happy for you! Marriage is great! Congrats to you two! And I hope we see eachother again someday! Much love, Cammie (Piquet) Woolley

*ehu. said...

Not too sure how I wondered to this blog, but I LOVE reading this entry. And you're so freakin' lucky to have pictures of before, DURING and after...how awesome!!! I love it!!