Friday, October 31, 2008

On this day last year...

I was not married to Zack, nor was I even dating him. In fact we were barely friends. Just kidding, we were, but only sometimes on the weekends when we would hang out with a group of us or by our nightly text conversations. But, on this day last year I was with my family in Rhode Island visiting my family. My nieces were happy that it was the day they could wear their outfits and go trick-or-treating. I was so happy because we had just visited Salem, Massachusetts, home of many famous witch trial stories. I was stoked as always about Halloween. I was especially excited to go and hang out with "the boys" at our ward Halloween party that night. So as I boarded the Peter Pan bus to head back to The City, I was excitedly planning my costume for the night.

Later that night I was in serious disguise as a Russian fashion fanatic (I was one of 4 in a fashion team, Jessica was our model) complete with tight black clothes, huge heels, wig and lots of makeup. I was barely recognizable. Zack was a Kissing Booth. I knew many a dumb girl would participate and so I was adament against giving him any sort of kiss (besides I wanted him to kiss me first, helloooo.) When I got there and saw my future husband (I did not think of it in this way... more like of course I want to kiss him, he won't even recognize me) I got right in that booth with him, cause we were friends and I could fit and went for the left cheek. I thought it was pretty awesome that I was the only girl to leave a BIG red kiss mark on his cheek. No big deal. After recognizing me and eating some more singles ward provided treats, we went to a party and just hung out more (we really ditched the party folk and went on the roof. Everyone followed of course. We love NYC rooftops.) Anyway, that is a good little memory. Sorry, dumb girls, I married this kissing booth. He chose ME.







I love Zack!

1 comment:

CHJ said...

Linder as I remember I was in the original roof group... so don't you go ousting me